Both men and women often deal with unwanted hair on the face and body. Many spend a lot of time and money to regularly remove it with shaving, waxing, plucking, and the use of depilatory creams. Instead, many patients in the Encino, CA area may want to speak to the providers at Silk, A Medical Spa to learn more about laser hair removal. The first question most patients have is, am I a candidate for laser hair removal? Read more to find out!
Who are the best candidates for laser hair removal?
- Adult patients with unwanted hair. The best candidates are patients over the age of 18, which is the youngest a patient can be to undergo treatment at Silk, A Medical Spa, for hair reduction and removal.
- Patients with darker hair to be removed. The laser device works by targeting pigment in the natural hair follicle. Lighter colored hair, such as white, gray, or light blonde, may be more difficult to treat than darker hair that is red, brown, or black.
- Patients with lighter skin. Fairer skin with darker hair is the easiest to treat, but that doesn’t mean that it rules out patients with deeply pigmented skin. The technology used for laser hair removal continues to improve, making it safe on all skin types.
- Individuals who have not recently tanned or burned. Patients who use tanning beds or have recently had a tan or sunburn will want to allow the skin to heal before undergoing laser hair removal. Your skin will need to be its natural color in order for the correct settings to be in place on the laser device.
- Women who are not pregnant or plan to become pregnant. If a baby is in the near future, women should avoid having treatment done.
While this is not the full list of variables to consider when thinking about laser hair removal, it can give patients a good idea of whether or not this procedure is a good choice. To determine candidacy, it is highly encouraged that Encino, CA area patients schedule an appointment at Silk, A Medical Spa, to speak with Drs. George Sanders and Stephen Bresnick to discuss their needs. The office is conveniently located at 16633 Ventura Boulevard, Suite #902 and accepts new patients.