The team at SILK A Medical Spa believes that you have the power to change your appearance. If your skin isn’t as radiant or clear as you would like, there are steps you can take to restore a healthy glow. And what better time to take charge of your skin’s appearance than the beginning of a new year?
If you need some inspiration for skin-related resolutions, our skin care experts have plenty of suggestions. You might want to start by making the following simple tweaks to your daily routine:
- Hydrate. Drinking lots of water helps flush toxins from your body and gives your complexion a healthy glow. Pro tip: If plain tap water is boring, add some berries or citrus slices to jazz it up!
- Get lots of sleep. Your skin regenerates and repairs itself as you sleep. Make sure you get the quality restful sleep your body needs.
- Avoid touching your face. Touching your face can transfer dirt and bacteria to your skin and cause breakouts.
- Use lukewarm water to wash your face. Hot water might feel good, especially in the cooler winter months, but it can strip the natural oils from your skin and cause dryness. Commit to cleansing with lukewarm water instead.
- Incorporate stress-relieving activities into your day. Stress hormones can cause a chain reaction in your body that ultimately makes your skin more sensitive. Now that the stressful holiday season is nearly over, try to manage stress with methods like yoga, meditation or exercise.
- Wear sunscreen daily. Protect the delicate skin on your face and neck from the sun’s harsh rays by wearing sunscreen every day. Pro tip: Wide-brimmed hats and scarves provide extra protection!
How SILK Can Help You Enjoy a Brighter Complexion in 2020
You are not alone in your journey toward gorgeous skin. SILK is here to help you enjoy a brighter, more beautiful complexion in 2020. Here’s how we can help:
Update Your Skin Care Regimen
Our knowledgeable team can help you update your skin care regimen with products tailored to your individual skin type and skin care goals. We will help you find a cleanser, toner, serum and other products that effectively nourish and protect your skin.
Suggest Professional Treatments
Our skilled professionals also offer a wide range of in-office treatments designed to help your skin look its best. At SILK, you will find everything from injectables to intense pulsed light treatment to skin resurfacing. Once we have assessed your skin and learned about your specific goals, we can recommend the most suitable course of action.
To book an appointment with the skin care team at SILK, please contact us today.